Inside My Head...

Oftentimes, I have thoughts (some good, others not so good) that I do not have the opportunity to share.  Some are simple, some are complex.  Some take days, or even weeks, to be fully articulated.  This is one of the latter.

I LOVE being a Pastor's wife.  I grew up in a bi-vocational Pastor's home.  This has been my life all of my life.  I've always lived in the Pastor's home.  I have always loved it.

Lately, my thoughts of being a ministry wife have been somewhat muddled in my head.  Let me explain...

I recently lost the hope that I would have two different opportunities that I long for.  I felt rejected.  After several days, I chose to see this as God's protection on my life.  He has a better plan...

One of the joys of being a ministry wife is loving on a new believer.  I have the joy and honor of getting to know each one then connecting them with people that I think they would be good friends with.  This is really fun for me.  I love connecting people and watching friendships flourish.  It is really difficult when, with no warning at all, these new believers lose contact with their new friends; and, ultimately, our body of believers.

This is really tough.

This is spiritual warfare.  The Devil himself is working all the time to keep me feeling defeated, devastated, lonely, invisible, etc.  He has no place in my life.  He has no place in my family.  He has no place in my home.  He is not welcome at my workplace.  He can't even ride in my car...

Life is sometimes hard, really hard.

Then--just this past Sunday, a very sweet member handed me a card with a message inside that brought me to tears.  The card simply said, "You are appreciated."  VICTORY!!  Tears of Joy...

God is stretching me for something bigger that I can imagine at this moment.

I cannot wait.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014