Blogging 101

Many of you have emailed me and asked questions about this blog over the past several months. So, I am going to "borrow" this information from one of my bloggy friends, AJ. (No, I don't know her, but I read her blog daily.

1) How do I join the blog?
There is no way to officially "join" the blog. If you're a reader, you are a part! If you'd like to join in on the conversation by commenting, see the next question.

2) How do I leave a comment?
Step 1) Look at the bottom of whatever post you'd like to comment on. It will say:
Posted by Laura at 8:30 p.m. 0 comments
Sometimes it will not say that. In that case, you'll see all the comments from that one post listed beneath it. Scroll to the bottom and look for it to say this: Post a comment

Step 2) Now click on the word "comment(s)" and it will take you to the comments page.

Step 3) Look for the text box on the right side of the page under the words "Leave your comment." Type out your comment.

Step 4) Choose an identity. If you have an account with "Google/Blogger," then click on that option. ("Blogger" is the free blogging service we use. Blogger.com is part of the "Google" network.) If you have an account with another blog service like Live Journal, Wordpress, TypePad, or AIM, click on the "Open ID" option. If you want to type your name and a web site that is not in one of those categories, choose "Name/URL." If you just want to type your name and no web site? Simply leave the URL part blank. If you want to be "Anonymous," choose that option. *To set up a profile or your own blog with Blogger, click here and follow the directions.

Step 5)Complete the word verification.

Step 6) Click "Publish your comment." Or you can click "Preview" if you'd like to see what your comment will look like when it's published. If you don't like it, then you can click "Edit." If you're ready, click "Publish."

Step 7) You should see your comment!

Step 8) If you have a Blogger/Google account and you later decide you want to delete your comment, you will see a little trash can icon next to what you wrote. Click on the trash can and it will let you delete it. If you don't have a Blogger/Google account, you won't have that option.

3) Why are all the comments from one of your blog posts being emailed to me? Oops! When you were leaving a comment with your Google/Blogger account, you must have checked the box that said "Email follow up comments to ______" or clicked on "Subscribe to comments." Please do yourself a favor and don't ever click this box unless you are prepared to possibly receive a bunch of emails.

4) I forgot my username and password to my Google/Blogger account. Can you help me? I'm sorry, but I don't have access to that information. You'll need to go through Blogger to recover your username and password. Next to the boxes where you enter that info, it says "Forgot?". Click on it and follow the directions from there.

I hope this helps you all followers of FullerTown!! So, now when I ask a question at the end of a post, you can comment and answer my questions!!

This brings me to one burning question I've had for awhile: Who reads this blog?

(This is the part where you sign in and post a comment. Just tell me your name and how I might know you! i.e. relative, friend, fellow church member, etc...)

Comments

blogreader said…
Hey Laura,

I will be the 1st to respond. Since i got your christmas card, I check your blog posts often. You old Sandy Creek shopping buddy! :)
LINDA G.
Unknown said…
I read them..and love them since I do not get to see you guys that much. Looks like I missed my visit during the Christmas break, maybe Spring Break will see...
fishtater said…
Of course, I do...I love seeing pictures and updates on my Fuller babies...they will always be my babies because that is how I hold them in my heart!! I love you all and hope that all is well! Ida <><
Granny said…
this is the third time today I've tried to leave a comment. Yes, I read but where are the pictures of my grandbabies. Love ,Mom
I've been reading since I found out you have a blog....so I'm here:)
Dennis' wife Laura from SEBTS days
BFish said…
I enjoy reading the life and times of the Fuller Family.
Hope I signed in right

Benny <><
Go Gators!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014