She Did it Herself






It has happened again. Just as my sweet, passive-aggressive Anna Brooke's hair was growing out so beautifully, everyone hold your breath --- she cut, shall I say butchered her hair!!!!!! Yes, on Monday a package from Granny (my Mom) arrived at the door. Everyone was so excited to see what Granny's sewing machine has created. The red-handled scissors were accidentally left lying on the table. About one hour passes. Everyone is parading around in their new duds. Anna Brooke appears from the Living Room with a new hairdo! My stomach sinks to my knees. You know, the scissors that won't cut hot butter? Those scissors do cut hair!!! She is grinning from ear to ear, so proud of herself. She thinks it's pretty. So, I call the hairstylist at home on Monday night and beg her to come in early on Tuesday. She fixed it. She had to cut off all of Anna Brooke's beautiful hair. The reason I have not written about it until now is that I can just now look at her without a tear coming in my eye. So, here is a picture of Anna Brooke before she cut her hair:






This is the hairdo she gave herself:


And this is the new hairstyle for Anna Brooke:

She really likes it. It is growing on me. I have told no one about it because I could not bear to let the news pass my lips. Those who saw her Wednesday night at church gave her rave reviews. They say I will look back and think it is funny. I do not see that day in the near future. I will be happy when it grows out. I am, however, thankful that it was just her hair and not her eye. Or her baby brother's eye, or anybody's eye for that matter. I do realize that the situation could have been much worse. So, to all you moms out there, don't forget to put away the scissors!



Comments

fishtater said…
Aunt Ida actually likes the hair cut but, I am sure that it was a traumatizing event given how long her hair was. It is a very cute cut...the stylist did an excellent job!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014