It's Been Awhile

During the summer of 1991, my family set out on a month-long journey the day after school let out. It was our summer vacation and we had planned for it a very long time. During the trip, we all had a journal that my parents wanted us, my sisters and myself, to journal about our trip.

We wrote every day about the sights we had seen and other adventures. We did really good keeping our journals up to date until the second half of the trip. One of my sisters got a little behind. She would ask us to tell her what happened a few days before so she could recollect her memories and write them down.

Finally, one day she dated the top of her page for several days earlier and began writing. Then, she simply said it really is [insert current date] and I have been not very good at journaling this experience. In a nutshell that is what she wrote. From then on, she kept up with the happenings of our trip.
_____________________________________________________

I tell you the above story to illustrate how I feel about this blog the past several weeks. There has been so much going on that I couldn't keep up. I will try to pick up where I left off and lead you on our journey from there. All in this one post. I may need my calendar to help me.

The day of Sarah Belle's birthday, Patrick had a Doctor's appointment that landed him in the hospital for 4 days. He spent his 30th birthday with a PICC line in his arm lying in a hospital bed.
Photobucket
His room had a nice view of the Friendly Shopping Center. The little Fullers enjoyed looking out the window. I don't think I need to tell you that this was a hard time for our family. We deeply appreciate all who came to our rescue. And the hundred or so visits to the hospital. And the telephone calls. It meant a lot to us.

We had a week at home then Patrick and Luke traveled to Costa Rica on a mission trip with 13 others from church.

We had another week at home before going on our family vacation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014