Asking Why?

It seems I have been inundated lately with stories of children being sick. I mean really sick.

Recently, one of my nephews had the H1N1 virus, went to school for one week, then ran a temperature for 8 days with no explanation.

I know of a child in the western part of our country with a tumor who is undergoing chemotherapy. This little girl is the same age as my Anna Brooke. I can't read her blog very often because it brings me to tears. These parents of cancer-riddled children are my heroes. They always have been and always will be. When I think I'm having a bad day, I think of them sitting in a hospital praying over the bodies of their precious children.

We have sweet friends who recently lost a baby after just 20 weeks of pregnancy. Sweet baby W never was given the opportunity to breathe on his own or dream a big dream about what he would be when he grew up. These parents are filled with questions starting with "Why...?

And, I have my list of questions also.

Why did God choose to give me four healthy children?

Why did God choose to give me four children 19 months apart when I have friends who can't conceive?

Why not spread the wealth and let everyone have a chance at being parents?

These young children do not deserve to die of cancer!! Why not choose to hit the prisons with cancer?? Just wondering.

I know that these things make Heaven sweeter.

I can't wait to be there!

Comments

Jennifer said…
Cancer is a heartless disease.I actually blogged something similar a few days ago. It has been a burden upon my heart lately as well. I thank God for my precious babies that are running around and making messes.

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014