Journal Writing

I go every Friday morning to Luke's classroom at school to volunteer. I check everyone's homework and check in their take-home reader books. Then I grade the spelling tests.

This morning I had a chance to look in Luke's journal that he writes in every day. He is getting really good at writing stories. He especailly likes to draw corresponding pictures to illustrate his story.

As I was flipping through the journal I noticed one page that didn't have a picture. I stopped to read it. It said something like:

I love Jesus. He died on the cross for my sins. He knows before I do it.

I nearly fell into a heap right there in the first grade classroom. It was a good thing I was finished with my duties and could scoot out of the class so the six year olds couldn't see the tears in my eyes.

As I walked down the hallway to the main entrance of the school. I was thinking to myself. We are trying to raise our little Fullers to have a full life. We want them to be successful in whatever career path they choose. We try most of all to teach them that Jesus loves them and a life lived for Him is something to strive for. It must be getting through!!! He is getting it!!!

He might not be the smartest one in his class. He is definitely not the tallest or the strongest. But one thing he has: JESUS.

As I made my way to the door I had both tears in my eyes and a smile on my face.

Comments

kay fish said…
this is precious!!! i know ya'll are sooooo proud of him!! it is truly amazing how much kids are different, in that some get it and some don't and at which age. luke is truly blessed by God!!! God has great plans for him, i can feel it deep within!!! we love ya'll and are so proud of the wonderful job you are doing with your children!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014