Kitchen Kapers

So, I have never claimed to be a whiz in the kitchen, I am definitely slow. After 8 years of cooking for my family I have definitely had my really good moments. And some not-so-good moments. Two of the latter came this past week.

1. Thursday night I completely ruined my best egg pan because I always keep the heat too high. I was attempting to saute turkey steaks because we are eating healthier and my husband loves hamburger steaks!

2. Sunday afternoon I was making brownies for Luke's lunchbox. I know this totally contradicts #1, but you must know Luke to understand. Anyway, the brownies were not quite done when we had to leave at 4:20 p.m. so I thought I will just turn the oven off and the brownies will finish baking while the oven cools down and that way the oven will be OFF. Sounds like a great idea! Halfway through the worship service I thought again I wonder if I turned the oven off? Uh-oh. I'm not so sure. The children were upset that they could not go get a Frosty at Wendy's with their friends, but the house might be ON FIRE!!! No, the house did not burn down, but the oven was ON!!!! The brownies were a black, flat brick! They slid right out of the pan into the garbage can.

Anybody have a tip on how to get the burnt smell out of the house?

Comments

Wendy Fuller said…
Good-morning! I am looking at Fuller-town when I should be working out! The best way I know to get the smell out is to bake something that smells yummy and it's smell will overpower the burnt smell. If you have and spices like cinnamon, you could put some in a little water and simmer on the stove! Be sure to cut the stove off when through! I love you!
Nana

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014