He's the Best!

Today is Father's Day. A Day meant to honor all fathers.

My Daddy is very special to me. I always thought he was the greatest Daddy on earth. He worked very hard to provide a nice life for my sisters and me. And Mama, of course. Now, the work has paid off. In the form of 6 beautiful, handsome grandchildren that call him, "Granddaddy!!"
Photobucket

I love you, Daddy. Happy Father's Day! I haven't mailed a card or gift. I know you are not surprised. But please know that I would buy you a whole bunch of cows and set you up real nice to be the hobby farmer you always wanted to be - if I could.

Photobucket

Patrick's Dad, "Papa" is special too. I remember vividly the first time I met him in Dothan, Alabama. They drove down to pick up Patrick and then have a mini-vacation during our Fall Break. I didn't know until later that the real reason they drove out of their way to come to our college was to meet me. And, to see the college of course. We went to the Outback and everyone was so busy talking that Papa ordered a bunch of appetizers and drinks for all of us and we didn't even realize it until the food came!
Photobucket
Papa doesn't like to have his picture taken. He doesn't like to smile for the camera. Something about it makes his ears look bigger. You have to know Papa to appreciate his humor.

And he has lots of stories from years gone by that are very funny. And intriguing.

I love you too, Papa. I haven't mailed you a card or gift either. But I do love you. And, I'm glad that you still say you would have picked me to marry your firstborn son.

Then, there's the one I chose to Father my own children. He's amazing.
Photobucket

He had no idea how interesting his life would be with me by his side. But, he seems to like the adventure and craziness that I create. I'm really good at creating a mess.
Photobucket

And, he's the best Daddy for my little Fullers. He is tireless in his efforts to provide a comfortable life for them. Nothing makes him happier than for me to come home with gifts for the children. Or, things they need. There's never a question. He wants them to have everything they need and most of what they want.
Photobucket

Every school morning he has gotten Luke out of bed. Then they have a ritual. They snuggle in the blue chair while I get their clothes ready. It's really cute. This picture is the morning of the last day of school.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And I love that you can still swim like nobody's business. I'm so glad that we can go to the pool every day during the hot summer. And that you share the memories with us.
Photobucket

Our little Fullers think it is so cool that you can swim the length of the pool under the water without coming up for air. You are their hero.
Photobucket

Comments

Jennifer said…
Precious, preciuos, precious!! LOVE the picture of your dad and your little one in the rocker. I think you should do it in b&w, and blow it up... great father's day gift that you could mail to him!! :)

As for the cow thing, I could totally see him doing that!

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014