We Were Thankful

It is our tradition to spend thanksgiving on Moulton with the whole Fuller family. Papa says there are only 5 houses on Moulton. It's really small.

This year we arrived there at 11 p.m. Nana was waiting up for us and set up the camp-out bed. The little Fullers slept until 9:00 the next morning. It was very unusual. I think they sleep better there because it is so dark and quiet.

Wednesday morning we were going to blow leaves in the yard. Wet leaves. Patrick blew leaves and the children played in them. I supervised.


The leaves have to be blown or raked into a big pile. Then hauled by wheelbarrow to a burn pile on the edge of Papa's yard. It was hard work. Work which I have not done in a long time.

This is one of the advantages of living in the city, in a neighborhood. It takes us 10 minutes to blow the leaves out of our back yard back into the woods.


We worked ALL DAY LONG. And by 'all day' I mean the better part of the afternoon. I'm really sad there are no pictures of me pushing the wheelbarrow piled high with leaves. Next year, you will see a picture of me working. It's a promise.


On Thursday, we made chocolate covered pretzels


and brownies.


Then we ate the usual stuff that we love.




Turkey, ham, corn pudding, grean bean casserole, dinner rolls, sweet potatoes, potato salad, cranberry sauce, pecan pie and cheesecake. I think that's all. It was all very good. Nana cooks everything. I watch the children and keep them out of the kitchen so she can get it all done.

Sometimes I feel like a traffic control operator.

All I need is some orange flashlights to keep everything running smoothly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014