Crackin' Up!!!

Let me catch you up on the happenings of FullerTown. On Friday afternoon, the GOP Vice-Presidential candidate was announced. So, I discover that my husband is turning into my Daddy! FOX News stayed on the TV all afternoon. The children begged to watch Clifford, but, "No, this is history in the making. We are watching the news today." I will not go into all the details of the conversations because this blog's purpose is not political.

We had dinner with friends on Friday evening. It was really nice and the food was delicious!

On Saturday morning, we were having our carpets cleaned. All the furniture had to be moved, so this was a late night ... and early morning.

Then, on Saturday evening, we had an appreciation dinner at church for all of the Sunday School teachers. We are cruising down 40 Business when the Suburban dies!! We coast to the side and sit. Patrick said, "I'll call Pastor Matthew to come get us in the little church van." So, that conversation goes like this:

Patrick: Hey, what are you doing?
Matthew: I am here at the church helping get ready for the dinner tonight.
Patrick: Is everything coming along okay?
Matthew: Yes
Patrick: I have a problem, I need your help.
Matthew: What is it?
Patrick: I am broke down on 40 with my family. Can you come get us?
Matthew: Sure, I'll be on my way right now.
Patrick: Hey, please don't tell anyone where you are going. I do not want this to be the topic of conversation at the dinner.
Matthew: OK

About 90 seconds passes. It is really hot. Patrick's cell phone rings. The ID says it is Pastor Chip. Patrick says, "I told him not to tell anybody!"
Here's that conversation:

Patrick: Hello
Chip: Hey man, are you on the side of the road?
Patrick: How did you know?
Chip: I just saw you on my way to the Sunday School dinner!
Patrick: Yes, the Suburban quit on the way to church. Please don't tell anyone when you get there.

So, after several, hot minutes, Pastor Matthew pulls up behind us. We jump out and move the carseats to the little van and we were off! We were just a few minutes late. We walk in so gracefully and no one knows of our dilemma sitting on the curb of 40!! The problem is that Pastor Matthew seated himself and his wife at our same table. So, every time I looked at him, I got tickled! I was cracking up the whole dinner!!!!! One time, I even had to put my head down and began to shake. Patrick just is so private about such things and I was about to burst!

So, after the dinner, the vehicle had to be towed to the repair shop. But the question is, "Is the 12-year-old vehicle worth repairing?" We'll see. On Tuesday.

So, tell me, when was the last time you were totally cracked up? Sign in and post as a comment.

Comments

Wendy Fuller said…
Yes, My Darling Son is very private about certain things. I am sorry the truck broke down but wish I could have been at Church to giggle with you about this. I can't tell you how many times in my life I have giggled at him for things such as this.Yes_He is my Son and I love him very much and am glad all were safe from this event on I-40!

Nana

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014