Move Over Rembrandt & Van Gogh!!

Yesterday afternoon, Monday, I was upstairs finishing up my afternoon chores and playing peek-a-boo with Paul under the bed when Luke ran up the stairs. "Mommy, the girls are painting black on your road!" You know, the piece of plywood that I have been working on for about 3 weeks now; painting it so the children at WEE Love Academy can set up a town on it and play make-believe. I have anticipated watching them play already. It was ready for the final touches of lines on the road and then it would be done.

Well, my passive-aggressive Anna Brooke apparently climbed up the white shelf in the garage to reach the black paint that was used to paint the road. She then squeezed a large amount out onto the "road." Sarah Belle joined in on the fun. Anna Brooke put some paint in Sarah Belle's hair!!! I went ballistic and back. I instructed Anna Brooke to not touch anything and go straight to the bathtub. I scooped up Sarah Belle and up the stairs I went trying not to get black acrylic paint on myself.

About this time Daddy came home. He began scrubbing the bathroom floor while I scrubbed the top layer of skin off of Anna Brooke's hands. We then had to hold Sarah Belle down while rinsing her hair. Then I had to identify which areas of her scalp needed to be scrubbed. (This reminded me of the time that Luke poured white-out into Anna Brooke's hair.) So, I got her clean.

Then the tub had major ring-around-the-tub. So, between bathroom cleaner and Dial soap, it is once again sparkly white.

Then the toilet and floor had to be scrubbed.

Then I realized that I had paint on my shirt and only pair of jeans. And, the girls were both wearing their cutest outfits. So, the laundry began. I need some pointers on getting acrylic paint out of clothes. If anyone reading this has Martha Stewart's stain guide, please post a comment and let me know what she says will remove paint from clothes.

Then I realized that the "road" needed to be rescued. So I took it around to the side of the house and hosed it off. Most of the unwanted black paint came off. I think I can fix it.

When I came back in the back door, I smelled the butterbeans! They were burnt.

Please help me know that I am not alone in this parenting world. Post a comment and let me know something similar that your children have done to make your day seem a little longer then usual.

Comments

nanny pat said…
Laura, You deserve a break after school begins and before Wee School starts. Perhaps Wednesday morning next week...?? Just let me know. Love you, Nanny Pat

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014