Daddy's House

Yes, it is Sunday afternoon, so I only have one minute to tell you something. When we go to church on Sunday mornings we sing all the way there. All the songs the children know so they can join in. When we come around a certain curve in the road we get a full view of our beautiful church building sitting up on the hill. Everyone starts yelling, "Look what I see: Southside!" or "I see Southside: my church!" This morning, Sarah Belle came up with a new one. She said, or yelled rather, "I SEE DADDY'S HOUSE, THERE'S MY DADDY'S HOUSE!!!!" It was too cute for two reasons. First, she knows and understands that her Daddy goes to work at the church building. Since he spends a lot of time there, in her two-year-old mind it is her biological Daddy's house. Then it hit me: This is my Daddy's house! Daddy is just a more casual term for Father. The Israelite children witnessed their Father actually inhabiting the movable Tabernacle. They knew that he dwelt there, and they had proof. The pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. And, we in modern times have witnessed the Father's/our Daddy's spirit fall in the church building we visit 3 times each week. So, it is my Daddy's house, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014