Last Night & Another First Day

OK, bear with me. I have to write about 2 different things that are mildly related. They could be two different posts but my brain cells are dying exponentially as I type so here we go:

Last Night
Last night as I was typing the entry about Luke's first day of Kindergarten, I was...um...shall I say...under the weather. It took nearly an hour to enter that post.

Well, about bedtime, one of the Fuller children joined me...under the weather. This caused much dismay around FullerTown. Mommy was out of commission. And a little Fuller needed her. But never fear, Daddy was here!!! He stepped up to the plate so graciously and helped the situation better than I could have. He assisted me several times and changed the bed & jammies of little Fuller three times throughout the night. Now, the upstairs smells like...YUK. Make that DOUBLE YUK!!! I think we will elect him to another term as Mayor of FullerTown. He is an AWESOME DADDY.

Enough about that.

Another First Day
So, this morning, Mommy was very tired and weak. I did not feel good AT ALL. But, I took Luke to school, then came home to ... peace. The girls & Paul were still asleep. It was our first day in a long time with three children at home. We had a very quiet day. The girls played so sweet. I have not realized the amount of energy that Luke brings to FullerTown. Paul crawled all around unhindered. I stayed in the Laundry Room all day. The washing machine reminded me that three minutes between finishing one load and starting another is not long enough. So sorry, Mr. Whirlpool.

Then we received a computer-generated call from the school. "There is a tornado warning for the Colfax area. The children are in their positions. They are safe and doing well." We went into high gear getting ready to GO GET LUKE.

So we arrived at the school and the assistant principal was telling all the parents to go inside and get their children. They cannot come out because of the tornado warning. Then he gets a message on his 2-way radio and goes inside before he gets to my Suburban. So, the lady in front of me did not get out and go inside. So, I waited.

Finally, Mrs. Blue Van drove up the front of the line after some cars had their children and were leaving. So, Mrs. Green Suburban followed. And, GLORY TO GOD, the Kindergartners came walking out!!! I did not have to get everyone out and go in!!!! I was so excited.

Mrs. Colbert said Luke didn't eat his lunch, only the yogurt & Whales. I asked him what he did at school today.

"Nothing."

"Did you have fun?"

"It was bored."

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

So please, those who may read this tonight, wish me sweet dreams. And no more tornado warnings on Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014