The First Day

The first day of Kindergarten has come. I will describe the whole day as best I can.


Last night, Luke was so excited he could not go to sleep. It was almost like Santa Claus was coming this morning. He was just lying there wide awake. He finally went to sleep around 9:30 p.m.

This morning, I was ready when I got him up. He was slow to move but he did get up after tickles. He didn't eat very much breakfast.


He already had his clothes picked out so getting dressed was easy. He was excited to get his hair spiked and quick to brush his teeth.


We were ready to leave at 7:30 a.m. but we had to take some pictures. Here is one for you to see:

Then outside:

We got into the truck and he was silent. He was just looking out the window. As we backed out of the driveway Daddy stood on the porch and waved. I think I saw tears in his eyes!! Due to heavy traffic, it took 20 minutes to travel the 5 miles to the school.

I parked and he got out, grabbed his backpack, lunchbox and then my hand. We walked in, everyone was so nice, making sure we knew where his classroom was. We walked in the room, put his things away in his cubby and he sat down. He remembered where his seat was from the Open House. Ms. Henry is smart: she had Play-Doh for everyone. Luke said he could not open his, I told him that he could. Caitlin, the little girl across from him opened it for him. He was happy. Here is a picture of him at his seat:

I told him bye-bye and left, without any tears!!

When I returned, I had to wait in the car rider line a good while. I spotted him when he came out. He spotted me and began acting silly. He jumped in the suburban with a big smile. I asked him what he did and said, "Nothing." Exactly what I thought he was going to say. So we came home and opened his backpack. He ate all his lunch. Good Boy, Luke. He had a letter from Ms. Henry saying that the first day went well. He did tell me that "another boy in the 2nd or 3rd grade" had the same shirt as him. No one had the same backpack or lunchbox. One other boy in his class had spiked hair, "but it wasn't as high as mine."

Then Daddy comes home and he told Daddy all about it. Caitlin and he have agreed to be girlfriend & boyfriend! He went to Music and it was boring. Ms. Henry talked about rules all day. The only thing she said to him was to sit down and he did it. He didn't get to go outside because it has rained all day. School was fun. He did think about us. But he does want to back tomorrow. So, this is good. I will try to post tomorrow about Day 2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014