What Happened?

Two things have happened today:

First, Patrick walks in the house about 2:00 p.m. (surprise, surprise!! He is hardly ever home before 5:30 p.m.). His dress shirt is ripped along the front from the second button all the way down to his waist. He was meeting some friends for lunch and when he slid into the booth the shirt caught on the corner of the table. It ripped all the way down the front as he slid into his seat. If you know Patrick, you understand how funny this is. I so wish I could have been there to see his face turn purple!! He said that he could barely eat he was so embarrassed. Fortunately, this is the gray dress shirt that I have not cared for since he bought it. I have already thrown it into the garbage can with a smile!!!

Second, shortly after Daddy left to finish his workday I heard something break. I walk to the Dining Room where Anna Brooke and Sarah Belle were standing looking at the shattered crystal glass on the carpeted floor. They look dumbfounded. They cannot figure out how 'it' broke on the carpet!! 'It' happens to be the crystal Christmas bowl that we bought in Hilton Head on our honeymoon. A very special and reminiscent object from that particular week in which we became one. So the clean-up began, this time I was not smiling.

Good-bye for now.

Oh, you must know that Anna Brooke attempted to cut her hair again. I noticed freshly cut hair on her shoulder and asked her about it. She of course denied the accusation, she was testing the waters to see if I would notice. I honestly cannot tell where the hair came from but, nonetheless, she tried to cut her hair, again. Then I found the scissors with freshly cut hair on them. The scissors that come in an infant manicure set. You know, the kind in which the blades do not touch. Oh yes, that is what she used and was successful. I wonder if I could start making advance tuition payments to Leon's Beauty School?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014