A bird!!! A bird!!!!!!!!

This is going to be a long story but you must know every little detail!

This evening all of a sudden Sarah Belle complained with her ear hurting. So, I gave her some medicine. She was screaming and I was trying to get her to sleep. We went and laid in 'Daddy's bed.' She wanted to come back downstairs. So, we came downstairs. Daddy was going to go outside and bring the rocking chair in off of the porch so I could rock her.

When he opened the door a bird flew in the house!!! He ran in the Family Room and put the rocker down and said, "You have to come help me, there's a bird in the house!" (Remember, I am trying to console a screaming baby.) I gently put her down and went into the foyer. There was a little brown bird on the floor right by the front door. I said, "Wait a minute. I'll get the broom and get him out."

In the meantime, the bird flew up and perched himself on the pendant light in the foyer that is about 15 feet off of the floor. I come up the back stairs and think I am going to shoo the bird right out the front door. The bird had other plans.

He flew into the girls' bedroom!! Anna Brooke lifted her head up and of course became frightened. I got the bird out of their room and he went back into the foyer. Daddy was by the front door trying to get him out of the door. Then the bird came back into the girls' room. This time the bird rested on Sarah Belle's Easter basket on her dresser!! Anna Brooke becomes hysterical!!! I shooed the bird out of the girls' room and shut their door.

The bird flew into Luke's room!! By now, Patrick comes up with the yard rake. We shut the door to contain the bird. I opened the window and removed the screen. We were both batting at the bird with our broom and rake and he would occassionally pick up the screen!! To make a long story short: we went round and round with the bird for about 10 minutes!! I thought we would die by being struck in the head with the yard rake and broom!!

The little bird flew onto Luke's firetruck bookshelf and played dead. I used the Krispy Kreme paper hat to pick up the bird and threw him outside. He gently flapped his wings and flew away!

We closed the window after replacing the screen and put the broom and rake away. When we returned to the Family Room Luke is quietly watching the basketball game and Sarah Belle is asleep in the red chair. Praise the Lord!

FullerTown is the most exciting place on the face of the Earth to live.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014