Daddy's Away Again - Day 1

Our Daddy is away...again. He left this morning going to the Dominican Republic. He will be participating in Baseball clinics and working at an orphanage.

So, our day has been more hectic than usual even if Daddy was home. Daddy took Luke to school then headed to the airport. Paul, the girls and I went to Preschool. We were way earlier than usual. Weird.

After Preschool we came home and everyone was asleep. So, Mommy was innovative. Instead of waking everyone up from their much-needed naps, I came inside. I quickly got myself some lunch, the computer and went back outside to the Suburban. I sat and read the mail, and checked the email while I sat for an hour listening to the hum of three babies snoring. I was proud of myself for some reason. I had an hour of peace & quiet in the middle of a hectic day.

After we retrieved Luke from school we came home. And unloaded. Changed diapers. One page of Kindergarten homework. Load up again. Luke had an appointment with Dr. B to have his staples removed. (Luke had 3 staples in the back of his scalp due to wrestling with Anna Brooke and the coffee table on Thursday night.) He was a little scared that it was going to hurt. Dr. B's nurse, S, told him that it would not hurt so he was happy. Luke has not wanted to share about the coffee table incident but he told Dr. B all about it. All the details. The staples were removed as easy as they were inserted. He liked looking at them after they were removed.

Then, we went to Chick-fil-A for dinner. Everyone was starving, including Mommy. I made a deal with the children. We were coming to Chick-fil-A for dinner as a reward for Luke because he was so brave during the staples ordeal. If we could all be good tonight, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday morning we will have a surprise on Friday afternoon when we get Luke from school. The surprise is to walk around Target and pick out a few things to put on our wish list for Christmas.

Shhhhhhh...remember...it's a surprise!

Please don't ruin it.

They will drive me crazy between now and then.

Bath time was a breeze. Now, they are all asleep.

I just need to mop the kitchen floor and then my day will come to an end.

Good night.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014