Remembering Rebecca

My heart was saddened today when I received a phone call from my best friend from college. She told me the most shocking news. Our friend from college, Rebecca McLain Pruitt died yesterday.

Another friend has started a blog to tell the story of her death. You can read the blog here.

Rebecca is Patrick's age, 29. She started college the same semester that we did. She had the most beautiful smile. And her joy was contagious. It was evident that her strong desire to be a teacher was more than a job; it was her calling.

I remember one day Rebecca was in my dorm's common area. She was hugging her Bible to her chest and was visibly upset. I asked her what was the matter. She said so sweetly, and with a tear in her eye, "I think God is trying to tell me something, but I can't figure it out."

Please join us in praying for Rebecca's family. Her parents are missionaries in Belgium. She also has a younger sister.

We will never forget Rebecca.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014