Hloniphile

Here in FullerTown we are always looking for ways to teach the little Fullers to give.

We are in the process of choosing which toys we will donate to Goodwill.

Next weekend we will prepare our shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child. We have already been talking about what kinds of little boys and girls will receive the boxes we make.

The goal of taking Luke and Anna Brooke to Canada this summer was for them to begin to realize that they have a very good life. They live in a nice home with a closet full of beautiful & handsome clothes. The pantry is never completely empty. They did see children who were less fortunate than they are and they had questions. Yahoo!!! There were sweet moments shared and conversations I will never forget.

I have always wanted our family to sponsor a child on a monthly basis. This weekend at the Women of Faith conference, World Vision had many booths around the concourse. I went for a brisk walk to get some fresh air during the pre-conference on Friday and saw the booth. There were not very many people there so I stopped.

Right where I stopped there was a stack of folders that said 'orphans.' I was immediately shaken. I say quite often to the little Fullers, "There are children around the world who do not have a Mommy & Daddy to take care of them." I looked through the pictures and names of these precious children. I was thinking what a blessing! I get to CHOOSE a child. This is like shopping. I didn't get to choose which children the Lord gave me the first four times!!!! I had to take what he gave me. My heart melted when I saw little, beautiful Hloniphile.

As you can see she is about 20 months old. Her parents have died, probably from AIDS. She lives with her relatives. Most likely her aunts & uncles take care of her. She has no siblings. Most of her community has been affected by the HIV/AIDS virus. Miraculously, she does not have the virus!!! However, she has not ever received ANY medical care.

Swaziland is a small country on the northeastern border of South Africa. The first action of World Vision will be to dig a well in Hloniphile's village. This alone will save many lives.

Please partner with us and pray for Hloniphile (Huh-LONE-i-pee-lay) on a daily basis. Her picture is on the refrigerator so we can see her as if she were here with us. We have committed to pray for her. I am already in love with her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014