Funny Sayings, Part 2

OK, I am sorry this comes so late in the day. We have been outside playing ALL DAY.

The second quote that sends my firstborn into hysterical laughter is from this movie:

(We went through a time when we watched this movie no less than twice a day.)




I will assume that you all know the story line. The "stray" dog shows up and Travis (the older brother) and especially Arlis (the younger brother) eventually really love the dog. They name him Old Yeller.

One day, Mr Sanderson comes calling to claim his dog. After a polite conversation Mr. Sanderson begins to ride away with Old Yeller tied to his horse.

This is too much for little Arlis. He throws rocks at Mr. Sanderson, whose horse bucks him off. Arlis' mother scolds him and he says:

"I'll bust him with another is he takes my dog off!!!"

Well, Mr. Sanderson agrees to leave Old Yeller with Arlis if he will trade him the "mighty fine horned toad" in his pocket and a home-cooked meal.

At this point, Arlis turns and yells, "Will you feed him, Mama?"

(Which happens to be my favorite line of the whole movie.)

(It really does send me over the edge every time.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty...

Train Up A Child... Christmas edition

First Day of School 2014